This is a website dedicated to the sale of forests, forest plantations, woodlands, forest land and forest products
The site is developed by Paul Lafferty B.Agr. Sc. Forestry BSc. (Hons) Property
Paul Lafferty has over 30 years experience in Forestry and is an auctioneer since 2000 with James Cleary & Sons Castlerea Co. Roscommon.
Wanted Urgently Land Suitable for Forestry With or Without Approval
You can use the search feature to search by county, region, main species type, size of plantation etc. to narrow your search or just browse all forests for sale.
Did your Know:
- New €1.3 Billion Afforestation Scheme 2023-2027 Announced November 2022
- Everyone qualifies for the afforestation grant that covers the full cost of establishing and maintaining a forest for the first 4 years. (subject only to approval of the land by the Forest Service)
- From 2015 Everyone now qualifies for the annual forest premium which is now €301 to 462 per acre/ €746 to €1142 per hectare for 15 years and 20 years for Farmers
- The annual forest premium is EXEMPT FROM INCOME TAX!
- All income from the sale of timber is EXEMPT FROM INCOME TAX!
- When sell a forest there is NO CAPITAL GAINS TAX on the sale of the crop.
All property for sale on this website is accessed on the strict understanding that all negotiations on the above a conducted through Paul Lafferty of ForestSales.ie , James Cleary & Sons and booking deposits are paid to Forest Sales.ie James Cleary & Sons.
PSRA Licence No. 003900